Rules and Regulations
2018 Knowledge Test Books
Read one of four books and take a test on it. The test comprises of a set of questions and an essay portion to judge reading and comprehension.
- No more than four (4) students from each team may register for each test, and each student may pick only one test to compete in. For example, 4 students may register for the first test, 4 other students may register for the second test, etc.
- Competitors must achieve a score of 65% in order to rank/win a medal.
- Each student will be given a written test containing possible combinations of multiple choice, short answer, and essay question(s) at the time of the competition. Questions will have an analytical/thinking focus.
- Tests are open-book and must be taken individually.
- All questions for each topic will be based on the material covered in the assigned book.
- There is no ballot for this competition. Scores are based solely on test performance.
The 2018 Knowledge Test books are:
- How Soccer Explains the World: An Unlikely Theory of Globalization by Franklin Foer
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Twelve Steps to a Compassionate Life by Karen Armstrong
- Centering Black Narrative: Black Muslim Nobles Among the Early Pious Muslims by Dawud Wahlid and Ahmad Mubarak